Three months ago I launched Whoop Jenny!, a blog about birds, books, walks, and friends. I also have written about prayers, art, and the American landscape. It’s all kind of the same.
Here are some things I have learned so far:
- There is no shortage of things to write about.
- I have no original ideas.
- Sometimes I make original connections to ideas.
- My ideas are bigger and more complicated than what I can handle in writing.
- If I finish a post and feel like I’ve left a lot unsaid, it’s probably just right.
- When it comes to technology, I am a reluctant learner.
- Blogging is hard in the same way that playing is hard.
Here’s a Whoop! to my friend Carol Finney, who proofs every post before it’s published. She mostly proofs for grammar and spelling. She is also someone with whom I can test ideas. Thank you, Carol!
If you enjoy reading Whoop Jenny!, please share it with a friend: